Monday, June 04, 2007

Bill W. to the Carrboro Police Department

Bill W said...
I'd like to address this to the CARRBORO POLICE DEPT.
Please be it known that I have the greatest respect for the efforts made by those of your department concerning DK, and I hold no fault, but support.
There are those of the Carrboro Police Dept. who I know personally, and you know who you are.
I regret that you have been punished for what you did wrong in the effort of doing right. The punishment should have gone to the one who was not trying to do right.
Each of us, at some point in our lives, has done the wrong thing for the right reason. Where I am guilty of the same thing, should I ever be confronted with it, I hope to do so with the dignity demonstrated by Carolyn Hutchison.

I'm sorry I don't have the same praise for Carl Fox. Perhaps if he had taken his fair share of the blame, I just might have a little respect for him. Considering that the Carrboro Police have taken more than their fair share, it would have been nice if he had been willing to take a little more.

I have it on good authority that the Carrboro Police have been working really hard to solve this case for 7 years, prior to the arrest. I know that the efforts made by the CPD have been far greater than the amount of evidence they had to work with.

On behalf of Friends of Debbie Key, I thank you for your sincere and honest efforts.
Bill Widman

In no conceivable way could I ever write about the Carrboro Police the way I have the Surete du Quebec.(Copy available upon request)

No comments: